Information for you...
NJES FAQ’s & Information
Common Electrical Problems
To grasp the scope of possible problems, and develop a strategy to solve them, we look at symptoms and causes. We can categorize what is wrong by the symptoms produced or by the cause. . But first, let’s consider the symptoms:
Symptoms Of a Possible Problem:
- 1.Doesn’t Work: This is is pretty much self explanatory and the most obvious cause for alarm.
- 2. Shocks: Someone experienced a shock.
- 3. Won’t go off: Something won’t turn off.
- 4. Blinks or flickers: Something is working now but goes on and off as if it had a mind of it’s own.
- 5. Dims or brightens unexpainably: Things dim or brighten or in response to turning something on or off.
- 1. Circuit or main wire connection open. An open refers to an unintended discontinuity somewhere along a circuit’s path.
- 2. Overload/Short/Ground-fault. These three causes together because they are ultimate causes whose usual causes are tripped breakers, blown fuses, or tripped GFIs.
- 3. Ground-fault with no ground. Shocks are possible when a person’s body provides the unintended path for a hot (faulting) device, fixture, or appliance toward a grounded wire, device, fixture, appliance, pipe, or to the earth itself.
- 4. Mis-set or bad device. Switches, outlets, light fixtures, and light bulbs can fail to operate as they should because of breakage, arcing, heat, internal wear, damage, corrosion, or manual settings on them that have been changed.
- 5. Miswiring. Poor workmanship can result in the other cause-categories, but this one refers to actual mistakes made in connections, often when a device is replaced.
Relocating to a new facility, moving cubicles or upgrading an existing location can be a pain but it is also a necessity for dynamic businesses. NJES is a one-stop supplier for Electrical, Data, Voice, and Video moves, adds and changes. In other situations the current location of receptacle outlets, lighting, and cabling connections may be in the wrong place for the current business configuration. NJES Electric understands the importance of having connections in the right spot and where you need them. Let us help you minimize down time and maximize production by handling the next list of Moves, Adds, and Changes for your business.
Predictive Maintenance using our state of the art Thermographic Scanning is also available. Expensive equipment and technology rely on stable and unvarying power distribution. Rest assured that NJES Electric can analyze your power load and make sure your power distribution is at the levels they should be.
Electricity distribution is the penultimate stage in the delivery (before retail) of electricity to end users. It is generally considered to include medium-voltage (less than 50 kV) power lines, electrical substations and pole-mounted transformers, low-voltage (less than 1000 V) distribution wiring and sometimes electricity meters.
NJES Electric specializes in customer-owned distribution systems ranging from 120 volts to 12,470 volts. NJES has the necessary equipment and personnel to install and service your company’s outdoor or indoor power distribution wiring, generator backups, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), transformers, transfer switches, panel boards and other associated equipment.
Wiring and switches come in a variety of types and sizes. The importance of choosing the right wiring or device is of great importance. Inappropriate wiring can be detrimental to the appliance it operates. In today’s modern environments, undersized wiring can lead to severe problems.